CareGive​rs Plu​s Home Health Services

Keeping Families Together Since 1994

Areas of Mercer County/Shenango Valley That we Service​







West Middlesex


In Home Services

CareGivers Plus Provides a wide range of in home services, all tailored to the unique needs of each individual client we serve. No two clients use our assistance in the same way. We work with our clients and their families to set up services that will meet your specific needs at home. If you have a special request or need, please don't hesitate to call us. 

Persona​l Care

Services include but are not limited to; *Bathing assistance (including tub/shower, sponge or bed bath). 

*Soaking feet and legs, applying lotion. *Incontinence  & toileting assistance. 

*Mouth/Oral care. 

*Hair care. 

*Dressing assistance/clothing change. *Electric shave of face for men & legs & underarms for women, no blade razors. 

*Ambulation and mobility assistance. 

*Daily routine assistance.

*Medication Reminders

*Observing and reporting changes in condition

*Assist with eating/drinking

Home Support

Services include but are not limited to; 

* Light housekeeping

* Laundry

* Meal planning and preparations

* Shopping and errands

* Taking out the trash

* Assistance in arranging transportation 

* Accompanying to appointments

* Holiday decorating assistance (inside)

* Organizing and downsizing assistance

* Companionship and socialization

* Recreational activities

Respite Care

Caregivers are able to provide respite care services to those clients who are unable to be left alone and need assistance when the family or primary caregivers are out. Respite care would be attending to any need that would arise and providing supervision during a scheduled visit. This allows primary caregivers and family to make appointments or have personal time with peace of mind.

What kind of background checks do we run on our caregivers?

A frequent and important question we are asked is, What kind of background record checks do you run on your caregivers and employees? This is a great question. We run all the clearances available to us in the state of Pennsylvania. They are:

* Pennsylvania State Police Records - at hire and every 5 years.

*Driver's License Record Checks

*Drug and TB screening

*FBI Fingerprints (this applies to those living out of state or who have been in PA less than 2 years.

These are all the record checks required by the state of PA and available to us. 

Community programs/payers we work with:

Starting in home Services

We work closely with our clients and families to determine the kind and frequency of service that is appropriate for you or your loved one. From our initial informational phone call we can help you decide a plan of care that is appropriate for your specific situation. Our service set up process for new clients has been streamlined to be as easy and time efficient as possible. We recognize how busy our clients and their families are and as such have structured our setup process to be as easy as possible to get you the services you need as soon as possible. To set up non-medical/non-skilled care such as bathing, personal care, home support and housekeeping, no in home assessment is needed.

We do offer assessment services with a Registered Nurse to help establish the appropriate level of need and care for our clients who wish to have this service. This additional service that can be arranged without a doctor’s order for a fee.

How do I know if my aging loved one is ready for home care services?

Here are some of the signs that an aging loved one may need some help at home.

Lack of housekeeping: Dishes piling up in the kitchen, dirty floors, or large piles of unwashed clothing, general change in housekeeping habits. Poor hygiene or change in personal hygiene habits. Wearing the same clothing for several days. Bills not being paid. Personal finances being neglected, checks bouncing. Inappropriate clothing choices (not wearing a coat in cold weather, not wearing shoes, wearing heavy clothing during hot weather). Confusion in the kitchen: Not remembering to turn off burners, leaving the oven on, leaving items in the oven and forgetting about them. Food being left out, leaving the water running. Changes in behavior: Odd conversations, signs of paranoia, accidentally taking too much medication, phone calls at odd hours, unusual fears and nervousness … all of these things may be signs that your parent needs help at home.

Does Medicare or health insurance pay for in-home care?

Medicare, like all other medical insurances, only pays for medical home care. Examples of this would be  home care ordered by a physician for a medical treatment need. This would include registered nurses for care such as wound changes. Physical,  Occupational and speech therapy. ADL assistance like bathing, dressing, incontinence care, housekeeping, meal preparation and other daily tasks are not considered to be medical. Our caregiver services are considered non-medical and thereby not billable to any medical insurance including Medicare. The only exception would be clients receiving services through the PA CHC program to which we are an approved provider for non-medical care.

Does the home care agency pay the caregiver’s state and federal taxes, or am I responsible?

Private duty home care agencies will pay the caregiver directly. They will take care of taxes and insurance. You and your family will not be responsible for these items. If you use a registry, match-maker service or hire a caregiver privately, you will be responsible for taxes, insurance and other requirements. Make sure you know the laws that apply in your state. Caregivers Plus Home Health Care pays all taxes, insurance, unemployment, and workmen’s comp. All of our caregivers are employed directly by us, we do not use independent contractors.